This chicken tikka BBQ recipe is super quick to prepare. Skewers are easy to cook on a BBQ and convenient to eat outside. As there is no extra fat or frying involved in the cooking they’re also low in fat and a great option for helping to watch your weight.
- 2 chicken mini fillets per person
- 200mls low fat natural yoghurt (will make enough marinade for around 8 fillets, increase as necessary)
- 2 tbsp tikka spice powder (will make enough marinade for around 8 fillets, increase as necessary)
- Mix the low fat yoghurt and tikka spice together in a bowl and add the chicken mini fillets.
- Make sure all the fillets are completely coated and cover the bowl with cling-film.
- Leave the bowl in the fridge for 4-5 hours to marinate.
- Once marinated, thread the mini fillets onto wooden kebab skewers, one per skewer.
- Lay the skewers onto a roasting hot BBQ (being careful not to let the skewers char too much) and cook, turning regularly, until the chicken is cooked through and the yoghurt marinade has gone golden and crunchy in places.
NB if you don’t have a convenient BBQ these can be cooked just as successfuly under an oven grill!