This delicious potato salad will make the most of any waxy new potato and particularly suits pink fir apple potatoes which can be sourced from most supermarkets in early summer.
- 500g Salad potatoes or similarly waxy variety
- 4-5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Half a bunch of spring onions (green tops only), washed and chopped
- 1-1½ tbsp tarragon vinegar
- Sea salt and black pepper
- A handful of coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Wash and slice the potatoes into halves.
- Boil the potatoes until tender, then drain and leave to on side.
- Put the olive oil in the pan with the chopped green spring onions and gently warm until they wilt but remain green.
- Remove from the heat, whisk in the vinegar and seasoning and then add the hot potatoes and parsley.
- Cover with a lid until you are ready to serve.
- Shake the pan a little to combine.