This delicious creamy dish holds a naughty secret – it’s actually a lot lower fat than you’d think! Lightly cooked italian greens (Cavolo Nero) give a crispy fresh edge whilst the mushrooms give a beautiful savoury bite.
- 350g linguini pasta
- 4 tablespoons quark
- 1tbs olive oil
- 200g diced chestnut mushrooms
- 1 finely chopped clove of garlic
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 3 handfuls sliced cavolo nero (or savoy cabbage – green outer leaves)
- 2 whisked eggs
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese to garnish
- Place the pasta in a large pan of boiling water and cook. Just before the pasta is cooked add the sliced cavolo nero or savoy cabbage to the pan, cover and cook for 1-2 minutes more until just tender.
- Whilst the pasta is cooking heat the oil in a shallow pan and cook the mushrooms. Once the mushrooms have begun to cook down add the garlic, smoked paprika and season with salt and pepper. Cook until the garlic is soft but not browed and then set aside.
- Drain the pasta and greens, put back in the pan and return to a low heat.
- Add the cooked mushrooms, quark and whisked eggs to the pan and stir to coat all the pasta.
- Cover and allow to heat through until the egg has almost set.
- Check the seasoning, if necessary add extra pepper and salt.
- Serve in warmed bowls and garnish with a scattering of grated Parmesan cheese.