I love this light oriental dish with a low FODMAP twist! Noodle soup makes an excellent quick and easy lunch or supper and can be embellished with any low FODMAP vegetables that happen to be hanging around in the fridge!
For the soup:
- 400g rice noodles
- 500mls chicken broth
- 2 tsps of peeled finely chopped ginger.
- 150g beansprouts
- 300mls water
- 200g minced pork
- 150g prawns
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce or to taste
- White pepper powder to season
- For the topping:
- Garlic oil
- 1 tbsp chopped peanuts
- 1 spring onion (green bit only) finely chopped
- chopped coriander leaf
- Heat up a pot of boiling water and blanch the rice noodles until they are cooked. Drain and set aside.
- Mix the pork mince and chopped ginger and mould into small balls about the size of a 2p piece.
- To prepare the soup, bring the chicken broth and the water to boil in a pot. Add the minced pork balls and prawns. Boil for 6-7 minutes or until the ingredients are cooked through.
- Add the beansprouts and cook for 3-4 minutes longer.
- Add the fish sauce and white pepper powder to taste. Turn off the heat.
- Divide the rice noodles into two serving bowls. Add the broth, garlic oil, chopped peanuts, chopped coriander and chopped spring onion. Serve immediately.