Oats provide a great source of slow release carbohydrate to keep your energy levels up through the morning and stop you feeling hungry before lunch.
- 1 cup of oats (any cup will do as long as you use the same one for the liquid)
- 2 ¼ cups of semi-skimmed milk
- Put the oats in a saucepan and pour in the milk or water.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 4-5 minutes, stirring from time to time and watching carefully that it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Alternatively, mix the oats and milk or water in a large microwaveproof bowl, then microwave on High for 5 minutes, stirring halfway through. Leave to stand for 2 minutes before eating or topping
- Use the Random Porridge Generator to choose your flavourings!