Ever wondered what to do with all the reduced bags of oranges and cranberries in the shops after Christmas? Well, here’s a favourite cranberry and orange marmalade recipe which produces a beautiful rich magenta marmalade which can preserve the festive flavours for later in the year.
- 1850g oranges
- 240ml water
- 600g sugar
- 360g fresh cranberries
- Carefully remove rind from 3 oranges using a zester that slices the rind into thin strips.
- Peel all oranges; cut into sections.
- Combine zest, sections, water and sugar in a medium saucepan.
- Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add cranberries to pan and simmer 1 hour and 30 minutes or until thick and forming a skin on a chilled plate.
- Remove from heat and bottle straight into sterilised jars.
- Label and store somewhere cool.