These delicious little sweet and savoury mouthfuls are a favourite in my family and have always replaced the more traditional “Pigs in Blankets” at Christmas time. Not only is “Devils on Horseback” a much racier name but they are also a lot lighter on the saturated fat and calories!
- 10 prunes, stones removed, soaked for 20minutes in hot fresh tea (no milk!)
- 5 rashers streaky bacon, halved widthways
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
- Strain the prunes from the tea and leave on kitchen paper to dry a little.
- Wrap half a rasher of bacon around each prune and secure with a cocktail stick.
- Place onto a baking sheet and drizzle over the oil. Cook in the oven for ten minutes, or until the bacon is crisp.
- To serve, place onto a serving plate.