These beautiful little jellies make a fantastic low calorie alternative to traditional Christmas pudding and are truly easy to make.
- 450ml sparkling wine or champagne
- 450ml cranberry juice
- 100g Sugar
- 8 gelatin leaves
- Mint sprigs for decoration
- Pour 400ml of the cranberryjuice in a saucepan, add sugar and bring to a boil.
- Turn heat down and let it simmer until all the sugar has dissolved.
- Soak the gelatine leaves in the 50ml cranberryjuice you kept apart.
- When soft, add the leaves to the still hot juice.
- Stir until dissolved.
- Leave to cool completely.
- Very slowly pour the sparkling wine into the cool cranberry mixture. Do not be tempted to pour in the champagne if the juice hasn’t cooled completely: the warmth will kill your bubbles.
- Stir gently to preserve as much bubbles as possible. Make about 900 ml.
- When the bubbles have calmed down, pour (slowly) into champagne flutes or coupes.
- Chill the glasses in the fridge until the jelly has set.
- Decorate with a sprig of mint and serve.